Currently accepting new patients at the Lakewood/Littleton and Highlands Ranch Locations!
Choosing a pediatrician to care for the medical needs of your child is a critical decision for a parent. It is important to choose someone who is qualified, caring, attentive, and approachable. You also want someone who is up-to-date on the latest developments in pediatric and adolescent medical care. At Academy Park Pediatrics these tenets hold true for each and every provider and staff person...for the last 75 years.
Our website has been designed to summarize the services we provide, keep you up to date on evolving medical issues relevant to you and your child, and even tell you a little bit about our personal selves. In addition you will find multiple links to reliable child medical care resources on the internet as well as useful routine handouts that you can print.
Closed for lunch 12:30-1:30
Monday:8am - 5pm
Tuesday:8am - 5pm
Wednesday:8am - 5pm
Thursday:8am - 5pm
Friday:8am - 5pm
*Saturday:9am - 1pm
* Lakewood/Littleton Office Only
Meet Our Staff
When you arrive at our office, please have your insurance card ready. Please call if you are going to be late or need to reschedule. If you have insurance or demographic changes, please arrive 5 to 10 minutes prior to your appointment.
Please call our office insurance department prior to relying on Health Insurance Website Information as our contracting may change.
We are happy to answer your insurance participation questions at 303-988-5252. We take all major health insurance providers and many others:
- Aetna - We accept most products. No health exchange plans.
- Anthem - We accept most plans. No Pathways plans or Blue Priority Exchange plans.
- Bright Health - We now participate in Bright Health.
- Cigna/Great West - We accept most products. No Connect & no Sure Fit plans.
- Cofinity - Please call out business office to verify which coverages we accept.
- Colorado Access - Established patients only; limited basis/restricted status.
- Coventry - Please call out business office to verify which coverages we accept.
- Humana - PPO only. No exchange plans.
- Medicaid - (Health First) We are not accepting additional patients/restricted status.
- Ph Cs - Please call out business office. We accept some but not all of these plans. No discount card program plans.
- Rocky Mountain Health - We accept most products. No exchange plans.
- Tricare - We are non-participating.
- United Healthcare - We accept most products. No charter, compass, or core plans.
* Many insurance carriers access our contract under a different entity name. If your insurance carrier is not listed please phone our business office to verify if we participate in your coverage. 303-988-5252.
Ask for the insurance/bookkeping department and have the information from your card ready.
We will be happy to help determine our participation.
* It is always a good idea to phone your carrier to verify our current participation status.
* We are NOT currently accepting Medicaid/Closed Practice.
* Our fee schedule is available to our patients upon request through our business office.
Dr. Stephen Nichalson
In Loving Memory...
Dr. Nichalson (who passed away in June of 2016) was an integral part of Academy Park Pediatrics. Though we had to say goodbye, his contributions to this practice, his friendship, and the lasting impression he left on his patients will not be forgotten. We would like to thank him for his many years of dedicated service.
- The Academy Park Pediatrics Family